Sunday, November 12, 2017

Review: Three Dark Crowns

Three Dark Crowns Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Three dark queens
Are born in a glen,
Sweet little triplets
Will never be friends.

Three dark sisters
All fair to be seen,
Two to devour
And one to be Queen.


I saw this book for a while on Goodreads, Youtube Channels, on everywhere. I just kept hesitating reading it. Until today I decided to pick it up. and I didn't regret it at all.

Basically, There are three dark queens who are sisters, and they have to fight for the throne, each of them has a power; a dark one.

The Queens:

description
Katharine: The poisoner, she is the youngest sister among them. Kat is supposed to make the deadliest poisons, but she totally sucks at it. she can barely make an easy one!!

description
Arsinoe: The naturalist, the second sister who is also supposed to control the deadliest animals and bloom everything around her, but she sucks just like her young sister.

description
Mirabella: The Elemental, the old sister. Mira the only sister who slays at her gift, she is the most powerful queen. Her gift is to control the elements of the earth for instance Fire, Wind, Water.

My opinion:

I really loved the story. At the beginning, it was really boring, annoying. There were so many information and so little of explanations, I was about to DNF it but I told myself that this plot worths reading. So I struggled at the beginning but I got used to it. I got used to its style of writing, to its characters which their names were hard to spell and most of them I thought they were males, such as Luca (The priestess) and Jules(Arsinoe's friend). But After reading a couple of chapters everything went clear and exciting!!!

How can you hate and kill your sisters just to win the throne!!! That what captivated me to read this book. I loved the darkness in it, the characters were dark, heartless, ruthless.

(view spoiler)

I really have to read the second book!! The ending was a real cliffhanger, a shocking one!!
I have to find answers.
description






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

How I Became An English Reader

Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a...