Saturday, December 31, 2016

How I Became An English Reader


Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a storyteller but in this theme, I will be Shahrazad or better than her haha.

Once upon a time I went to a book exposition with my mother, I saw so many books and all of them got my attention. But I wasn’t a fan of Arabian writers or Arabian books. So I went to English aisle I found so many interesting books. But I kept telling myself, “Oh! Who Am I kidding, Rabiaa you barely know English You can’t read this kind of books” But I challenged myself and bought My First English book, The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald. I was so happy. When I got to my home I started reading it and God, It was so boring. I can’t remember how much time I spend reading that book, I think more than one month.

After this horrible experience of reading, I stopped reading, Until one day I was on Youtube watching new trailers of movies, I found one interesting trailer and it was (Please don’t judge me lol) Fifty Shades of Grey. I was fascinated by its trailer, then after doing so many researches about this movie I found that this movie was adapted from a book, So I directly went to  Google and download this book. I started reading it in that night, and I swear I couldn’t put it down. It was so freaking amazing, It’s like when you try something good and you can’t stop doing it. So I read all the trilogy and found it amazing. Then I didn’t know what to read next, I bought a classic book of Jane Austen, I remember it was Pride and Prejudice, This one was amazing too but not like Fifty Shades.
The problem is my country doesn’t sell these new English books, It sells only the classic ones.
So many months passed without finding a great book. In the month of June 2015 I was chatting on facebook, then I saw my Favorite mannequin, Nick Bateman will act on a movie and he will be as the main character and I was Like OMG!!

 So, of course, I went to google and searched for this movie and found it’s actually a book. I said to myself”Hallelujah!!”. I tried to download it from Google but I didn’t found it, Then I learned that there’s a new method of downloading things It called “Torrents”.It’s kind of a hack but I don’t care, It’s not my problem. So I hacked All Colleen Hoover’s books, Yeah The book was Ugly love by Colleen Hoover. I started reading it the day I downloaded it. And of course, I couldn’t put it down, Ugh! Mile Archer(The main character) was so freaking Hottie. So after reading this book I started a new one I remember it was Slammed series, Ugh I fell in love with Colleen writing. Then I discovered so many contemporary authors such as Amy Harmon, K.A Tucker, Nicholas Sparks and so many authors.

At the end of 2015, I became addicted. Books became my new addiction running in my blood, I couldn’t stop taking it because they always make me feel good. Even my English started getting better. Then I discovered Booktubers who helped me a lot with picking new books and decide which the next book I should read.

2016 a new year a new book resolution lol. I started reading a new genre, and this genre was Fantasy. A new world to me, a world full of Magic, Paranormal characters, and so many great stuff. Huh, I dunno how to explain it, But books are the only one who could understand me. Books are my best friend. May God bless you. I love you so much.

Now we’re at the end of 2016 I read 65 books and I’m so happy about this achievement, I’m planning to read more and more in 2017, and discover more genres and more worlds.

So this is how I became Bookish, Bibliophile. This is my story.

Featured Post

How I Became An English Reader

Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a...