Friday, December 8, 2017

Review: The Testament

The Testament The Testament by John Grisham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was a quite enjoyable read.

The Plot:
So, this story is about, An American billionaire named Troy Phelan. He's an 80years old man with three divorced wives and six heirs. Troy suffered from his illness so he decided to commit a suicide ( he's kinda crazy man). After his death, all his heirs and his wives wanted to read his will, his testament, (I know you're thinking about all his money and his lucky heirs but you have to read till the end!!) And all his money was left to his Illegitimate Daughter (Rachel Lane) I told you he's a crazy man but wise at the same time.
Rachel Lane is a missionary of world's tribes, she lives in somewhere in Brazil with the Indians, she knew just a little about her biological father.
Troy's lawyer decided to find Rachel and inform her about her father and his will, but he couldn't risk his life in the third world, so he sent his an old friend (Nate O'reily) to find Rachel.
Will Nate find Rachel in a middle of nowhere? And will Rachel Accept this will?

My Opinion :
This is the first time that I read a book about legal things. Actually, my teacher of oral expression gave us some recommendation of books and told us to read one of them and it will be your exam mark, so I chose this book, and I really enjoyed it.
The story was kinda boring at the beginning, it was hard for me to remember the names of the characters, especially Troy's heirs and wives and their lawyers but when Nate went to Brazil, The fun began!!!
description

Nate was my favorite character in the story, he was an adventurous, funny, and good man. His life was a mess but he really knew how to fix it.

Oh, Oh!!! and Braziiiiiil!!! I'm in love with this country!! I hope one day I'll make an adventure in Pantanal river just like Nate did and meet the alligators, the piranas, and the Ipicas.
The author did a really great job describing this amazing place in the world when I was reading I felt like I was there with Nate in the canoe, discovering a new dangerous place, I felt excited and afraid, afraid to get lost or eaten by the alligators.
Huuh, All these words can't describe what I felt when I was reading this amazing book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

How I Became An English Reader

Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a...