Thursday, December 31, 2020

Review: Strange the Dreamer

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1)Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5/5

I didn't love it but I really enjoy it.

The plot:
Once upon a time, an orphaned boy called Lazlo Strange. He likes stories and loves collecting them, and what fascinated him more, a city called weep. But this city was a myth to his people. Whenever he brings a discussion about Weep, they laughed at him and called him Strange the Dreamer.
However, Lazlo didn't give up. he spent 7 years collecting anything related to this Unseen city. Until one day, a great Weep's warrior came to Lazlo's city. He wanted some of the finest scientists and alchemists in the city. So, Strange saw this as an opportunity to go and visit this mysterious magical city. Except, Lazlo was no scientist nor alchemist. Therefore, he talked to the great warrior and convinced him that he knows this city more than anyone does. Even the great warrior was very interested in Lazlo.
Finally, Lazlo's dream came true, and so this journey begins...
description

My opinion:
I really liked the story. It was so magical and whimsical . In the beginning, I was going to DNF it because the plot was so slow and the writing was different from what I have read. But, my friend told me that you're going to love it just keep reading it. So, I did as I was told and it wasn't bad. The plot was picking up slowly but it was adventurous.
I really love the main character Lazlo. he was so naive yet intelligent, caring, and very kind. This character made the world so vivid and cheerful to me.
description

However, what I didn't like in this story; is the names of the cities and characters. Maan!! I was struggling with spelling their names. Also, I didn't like the slow pace of this plot, it made it so boring especially in the first chapters.
Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm really eager to start the second book.
Actually, I'm reading it!!






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

How I Became An English Reader

Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a...