Friday, October 7, 2016

A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2)A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.7/5 stars
This book was pretty good.
@Mebarka, Thanks so much for the recommendation. :* :)

After Laia saved Elias from execution. Elias vowed to Laia to save her brother from Kauf Prison. They became the most wanted people in the Empire,So they faced so many obstacles from Keris (The merciless mother), and from the Emperor Marcus.

The Characters

Elias
Well as usual, he was hero at every moment. He always tries to save all the people from The Martials but when he can't he keep blaming his self.
“Your emotions make you human. Even the unpleasant ones have a purpose. Don't lock them away. If you ignore them, they just get louder and angrier.”

description

Laia
Laia of Serra, the bravest girl, and the magical girl. She protected her all friends from The Martial; not all but most of them. I really loved this character, She kept making mistakes but she didn't gave up.
“It takes only a split second for life to go horribly wrong. To fix the mess, I need a thousand things to go right. The distance from one bit of luck to the next feels as great as the distance across oceans. But, I decide in this moment, I will bridge that distance, again and again, until I win. I will not fail.”

description

Helene
The Blood Shrike. She's so loyal to her Empire, but she didn't know what to do after Marcus ordered her to kill her best friend Elias. Helene didn't know what to listen her heart or her mind.
“But you, Helena Aquilla, are no swift-burning spark. You are a torch against the night - if you dare to let yourself burn.”

description


Keris
I've never met A heartless and merciless women like her, she's so harsh, loved her so much. I know it's weird to love a villain but I loved her hahah, I loved her slyness.
Mercy is weakness. Offer it to your enemies and you might as well fall upon your own sword.

description

Keenan
(view spoiler)
description

My opinion
Well, I loved the story. The style of writing was so good. I felt the connection between the characters and me, and I cried in some passages (cried so hard), this story played with my emotions so well, I didn't if I'm sad or angry, but the end I didn't like it; what happened to Elias? Was he alive or not? So well done Sabaa I'm bounded to this series and I can't wait for the next book because I'm eager to know what will happen next. So many things are messy and I don't know how it will be solved and everything will be OKAY.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

How I Became An English Reader

Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a...