Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Review: The Book Thief

The Book Thief The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

description

Okay, It wasn't that good, I enjoyed it though.

The Plot
So this story is about a girl, Liesel Meminger who lived in Germany (The period of W.W.II) with a Foster family. Liesel always loved books even though she couldn't read. When she learned how to read, she became a book thief.
Basically, this book narrates how the people lived in that period and how the Jews struggled because of Hitler's ruling.

My Opinion:

Unpopular Opinion
Okay, don't hate me. *took a deep breath* Huh, I didn't like this book.
I was expecting more!! please, don't get me wrong. I read many books talking about this period and I really liked them but this one, I didn't feel the connection between me and the story. Even though the last pages made me cry, but the whole plot wasn't kinda mind-blowing.
I expected the scenes will be more described so I can feel what people felt during W.W.II. The only thing that I liked it, is the story was narrated by Death, that was original and kinda creepy, and Rudy. But the whole story nope. I don't why this book is overhyped.

SORRY!!
description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

How I Became An English Reader

Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a...