Monday, February 12, 2018

Review: A Darker Shade of Magic

A Darker Shade of Magic A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Epic!!

The Plot:
In a world of magic there were four parallel Londons :

The Red London
Where the magic was treated well and properly by their owner.
description

The White London
Where the magic was controlled and brutally used by the kings.
description

The Grey London
Where there was none magic, only humanity.
description

The Black London
Where the world was consumed by magic.
description

So, Kell is a magician from The Red London who can travel between the other three Londons. During his journey to the White London, something happened and he needed to fix it.


My Opoinion
I freaking loved it!! Where the hell was I when this book came out!! This story made my heartbeats fastened it felt like my heart was going to explode, and it blew my mind with its incredible writing. I don't know how to describe my feelings toward it, so I'm Going to express them in this way:

===> The Writing:
Amazingly written. It was flavorful and rich with adjectives and metaphors. At first, when I noticed the story is written in 3rd Person I thought it's boring and I'm going to DNF it, but then I didn't feel bored on the contrary I felt excited and more hungry to know what's gonna happen next. Oh, and the scenes, they were described with vivid, dramatic, bright way. Each scene contained a mix of emotions, there was anger, joy, sadness, and fear. Without forgetting the suspense who made me frightened and eager to read more. Oh, I almost forget the romance!! there was none which made the story more enjoyable and fabulous

===> The Setting:
Wonderful!! Four Londons with magic in 19 century. A perfect setting for a fantasy book.

===> The Character
Stunningly portrayed!! Each character has a specific feature which made him different from the other, Kell is careful and kind, Lila is a thief who cares only about herself, adventurous and stubborn as hell. The Danes bother ruthless, brutal, and all they want is power. despite all this difference, The characters were admirably connected, they were lifelike, glowing, and real.

I'm keen to read the second book which I'm going to start it today!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

How I Became An English Reader

Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a...