Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Review: The Song of Achilles

The Song of Achilles The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Okay, I don't know where to start.

The Plot:

This story is about Patroclus, a prince who has been exiled from his kingdom because of his crime To Peleus kingdom. Then he met the prince Achilles who became his best friend (more than a friend).

One day Helen of Sparta has been kidnapped. So Achilles must go to the war and face his fate. But Patroclus decided to with him, and a lot of things happened...

My Opinion:
I have mixed feelings about this book. I loved it and at the same time, I hated it.
description

I loved it because of the Myths. This book summarises everything about The Greek's Gods. I really adored the style of writing was full of adjectives and metaphors which made the story vivid.
And the way the battles were described. God!! I felt like I was in the middle of the war. Also, the connection between the characters was bright, alive, and brilliant. So many things made me love this story but what I didn't like is the relationship between Achilles and Patroclus, I hated the love between them, I think their friendship was better.

Oh, I almost forgot! this book needs a map!!!!

Overall I loved it, I enjoyed it. It made cry and sob when I finished it. Now I'm heartbroken and dunno what to do with my life :'(.

description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

How I Became An English Reader

Yes, a lot of my friends kept asking me “Rabiaa how did you become en english reader so fast?” and so many questions. Okay, I’m not a...